The educational edition of Seven Songs for a Long Life is designed to be useful for patients, families, carers, health students, health professionals and the general public in the UK.
Full of new content, this two-disc DVD includes
- the 60 minute version of Seven Songs for a Long Life
- 11 education clips, developed into modules to facilitate discussion in groups
- an accompanying booklet with teaching tools and a discussion guide
- a guide to What Matters in the End?, a post-screening workshop to assist end of life planning
- interactive sessions with patients and staff
- tips on how to further your practice.
Developed with support from Hospice UK and Strathcarron Hospice
The clips can be used at home or in workshop or classroom settings, and for nursing revalidation. Each clip has its own contextual material and questions to encourage discussion, written by Dr Sally Boa of the Department of Education, Research and Practice Development at Strathcarron Hospice, and with support from Sarah Russell, Head of Research & Clinical Innovation at Hospice UK:
"Seven Songs for a Long Life is about living well with dying as much as the good death itself. What the film shows us is how the hospice patients and their families are making sense of their world through their personal stories. These personal stories not only support patients and their families but also invoke and sustain compassion in clinicians… The combination of music and personal stories provide a unique insight into the everyday world of living and dying well. It is this thoughtfulness about end of life care and relationships that this film and its accompanying resources facilitates, celebrates and supports."
Sarah Russell, Head of Research & Clinical Innovation, Hospice UK
This DVD provides you with the non-commercial licence for non-profit screenings and educational use. Like with our regular DVD, you can top up the price tag by entering a custom amount with the surplus being a donation to keep our awareness campaign going.
Please note this DVD is offered in the UK only.
How to purchase the Educational Edition in America
A version of the Educational Edition of Seven Songs for a Long Life is now available for purchase in the USA. Included in this edition are the following features:
- The feature version of Seven Songs for a Long Life
- Four interactive sessions with the characters in the film
- Education clips: eleven excerpts from the film that expand upon palliative care from the patient and staff perspectives
Please click here to purchase the Educational DVD for colleges and universities.
For the Educational DVD with Digital Site licence, click here.
To purchase a copy of the film for Public Libraries and Community Screenings Rental, click here.